10 Tips for Planning a Unique Baby Shower.
Baby showers are great way to celebrate the with the mommy to be. My shower was a surprise and after my baby was born this way I was able to get the things we still needed. I have been thinking of what to do for a baby shower for a friend and her mother and now time is an essence because the baby was born three months early. So, with Twittermoms and Tiny Prints I will share my idea's for a baby shower I’d want.
1. Plan out two months before baby shower check list
2. Getting with her mother and planning a list of who to invite; send out Tiny Prints invitations and thank you cards
3. Pink and green making a diaper cake with glue dots (will add photo)
4. Since she’s in the hospital getting a DVD of her so, that others may see the baby while at the baby shower (with no sound).
5. Theme is a Surprise for the mommy to be this is a non custom but use for those who have had their baby and still have some needed items and a way for every one to visit and see the new baby.
6. Game to play Never say "Baby": (Materials- baby safety pins or another type of baby object you can place on a string for each woman at the party as well as string or yarn, enough for each woman to wear as a necklace). Have each woman place the necklace with the baby safety pins around her neck when she gets to the party. The rules for this baby shower game are given out at the beginning of the baby shower that whenever someone says the word "baby" during the shower, any woman who calls it out gets a pin from the other woman who stated the word. At the end of the baby shower, the woman with the most pins wins a prize. For the Father- just getting together and writing down tips to use and then read them aloud. This can be fun for the tips are a chance to bring some laughter and memories.
8. Have a liaison to help her with favorite drink and being comfortable. Also, writing down who bought what and start filling out the Thank you note this will be greatly appreciated by the mommy to be.
9. Getting someone designated to take photo’s during the party (remember to be in as many of the photos as you can so, your not forgotten that would be sad).
10. A sign in book with comments from guests as memories for the mommy to be. This will be an added from scraps of wrapping paper, photo’s, card cut outs, and cloths that were a treasure.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tiny Prints blogging program, making me eligible to get a Tiny Prints gift code worth $50, plus 25 FREE Tiny Prints greeting cards—a total gift value of $149.75! For more information on how you can participate, click here