Wire-wrapped bubble wands
Surface & Embellishments
• Wooden dowels, 5/18, three.
• Wood stain or paint color of choice.
• Copper wire; 16, 20 and 22 gauge.
• Assorted beads of choice.
• Bubble liquid and bucket.
o Long lasting bubbles
Dawn Dishwashing liquid. 1oz
Glycerin, 1 oz
Water, 1 c
Tools & Supplies
• Wire cutters.
• Round-nose pliers,
• Wood saw
What to do
1. Cut dowels to two-foot lengths. Paint or stain dowels; set aside to dry. Draw bubble wand designs on paper. Cut 16 gauge wire to appropriate length, allowing additional length for decorative curls and spiral that attaches to dowel. Quick Tip: Use 16 gauge wire for basic shape and thinner, more flexible 20 and 22 gauge wire for decorative details,
2. Attach wire to a piece of scrap dowel, then create basic shape following sketched design. Keep the shape flat so it can be easily dipped into a pan or bucket of bubble liquid.
3. Once the basic shape is formed, continue to embellish with m ore wire and beads.
4. Remove wire from the scrap dowel and attach it to the painted or stained dowel. Attach more wire and beads along the dowel as desired.
Courtesy of Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.