5 Activities to Do in June
1. Volunteer to clean up and celebrate National Trails Day (6/5), find a trail near you to discover, learn about, and celebrate trails while participating in educational exhibits, trail dedications, gear demonstrations, instructional workshops and trail work projects. For a trail at home build a tee pee and grow pole beans http://www.kiddiegardens.com/bean_teepee.html
2. Take the week to go fishing a national celebration of fishing and boating with most states' free fishing days(6/5-6/13).
3. Help celebrate Betsy Ross and the American Flag (6/14) Hold an open house or a backyard barbecue. Decorate the backyard in red, white, and blue. Celebrate a Flag Day menu might include lots of American favorites like hamburgers, hot dogs and, for desert, how about an American flag cake?
4. Take a day to fly a kite in honor of Benjamin Franklin and discuss his accomplishments.(6/15)
5. With your child, create an tea container for Father’s Day (6/20) Put on the container Tea riff ic or a cute saying;Here's a gift for Father's Day:
With this gift, I'm trying to say
Thanks for all you do for me,
Relax and have a cup of tea!
YOUR TEA RIFF IC