5 Things to do in May
1. With your child, create an easy floral arrangement for Mothers day (5/14)
2. Take a hike in honor of Family Wellness Month. Go to trallink.com to find locations and descriptions of trails near you.
3. Strike up the band during National Music Week (5/7-5/14) by helping your young musician make instruments from household items. An empty oatmeal container can be transformed into a drum, metal saucepan covers turned into cymbals, and a water bottle filled halfway with rice or dried beans made into a shaker, tissue box with some rubber bands into a guitar.
4. Help Stamp out hunger by participating in the National Association of Letter Carriers annual food drive (5/13). Let your child search through the cabinets for nonperishable food items, then leave them for your mail carrier to collect.
5. Record your little one's life story as part of Personal History Month & National Photography Month, Help him use photos, words, and drawings to create an autobiography.